FSP is well known for their power supplies. They company had a great showing at CES with some of their new cases and power supplies for the PC market. After previously taking a look at their top tier the CMT 520, today we will be taking a look at a case that is one step down the CMT 510.
- Sophisticated Cool: CMT CMT510 series, 3 see through glass panels to show off your stunning build inside. Premium quality 4mm thick tempered glass for supreme durability.
- Dynamic RGB LED Lights: The RGB light control buttons are located on the front panel for an easy access. You can imitate the mood by clicking the RGB icon.
- Convenient IO Port Location Design: Two dual 3.0 USB ports for high speedy data transmission.
- Aerodynamic Design: Pre-installed 3x120mm RGB LED fans in the front and 1x120mm RGB fan in the rear to give you a cool start.
- Easy and Simple Installation: Large predrilled holes for easy cable access and management.
- Designed location for PSU: Equipped with dust-free PSU cover to create an ideal environment for your PSU.
- 30 mm High Foot Stands: Not only prevent bottom surface from scratching, but also enhance heat emission and cooling effect.
- Superb Cooling: CMT510 series reserved space for a max of 360mm long radiator and 5 fan mounts. Built-in 4 x RGB 120mm LED fans located in the front and rear for optimal cooling performance.
- High Expandibility For Graphics Cards and CPU Cooler: It supports high-end graphics cards with a max length of 400mm.
- Plenty of Room Reserved for Your Motherboard: The spacious interior in CMT510 fits all standard motherboards (ATX, Micro ATX, Mini-ITX) for your gaming needs.
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 208 mm x 491 mm x 448 mm
- Weight: 8.5 KG
- Material: SECC, Tempered Glass
- Colors: Black
- Motherboard Support: E-ATX, ATX, M-ATX, M-ITX
- Drive bay Storage: 2X3.5” hdd, 2X2.5” hdd/ssd
- Expansion slots: 7 PCI slots
- Power Supply: Standard ATX up to 210 mm length
- Cooling System: Rear Fan: 120 mm x 1 (pre-installed), Front fan: 120 mm x 3 (pre-installed) or 360 mm radiator, Top Fan: 120 mm x 1 or 140mm x 1
- CPU Cooler Height: 165 mm
- GPU Card Length: 400 mm
- PSU Length: 210 mm
- Side panel: Tinted Tempered Glass side panel
- Top I/O: 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 Headphone Jack, Microphone Jack, RGB selector
To begin lets’s start out with the part of the review that I enjoy almost as much as fully testing a product, the unboxing. Taking at look at the front of the box you notice a unique layout with three CMT510 cases displaying the three of the colors that you can select with the RGB fans. As mentioned it designates that it has RGB fans and also to be careful when handling as the two side panels are made out of 4mm tempered glass.
Lastly, the other side of the box has some of the specifications of the case listed. While the box is stylish, it is tasteful and lets the potential buyer look at not only the case, but some main features and specifications.
Opening up the top of the box, you can notice that FSP used some heavy duty cardboard for their box. There is also a diagram on one of the side flaps that gives instructions on how to get the case out of the box.
A bag secured inside the case contains a PSU mounting bracket, black and white detailed instructions, a few cable ties and all your case screws. While the case screw bag is compact, I wish they used a resealable bag.
A Closer Look at the Case
The front I/O is placed on the top of the case and has 2 USB 3.0 ports, HD audio ports, power indicator lights, a large power button/RGB power/effect button and the FSP logo. The rear of the top of the case has mesh for mounting a 120mm or 140mm fan.
The right-side panel is a tinted tempered glass panel. It is secured by four small thumb screws. The glass panel is also partially secure by the case feet which have a lip to hold the side panel while you are either securing or removing the panel. The side panel is see through but there is also plenty of room behind the motherboard tray to route cables.
The bottom of the case is pretty plain, with the standard PSU dust filter and a dust filter for a bottom intake fan. While the mesh filters are provided, I wish they were a more high-quality dust filter like the ones found on the CMT520.
A Closer Look at the inside
Taking a look behind the right-side panel, you notice right away there is a lot of room to route all your cables. You also notice that there are a lot of cut outs and tie downs to be able to manage your cables.
There is also a fan hub/ RGB controller included to be able to control the 4 RGB fans that are included with the case. To the left of the large CPU cut out are two removable 3.5” drive mounts. Looking at the PSU area there are feet that your PSU can sit on to dampen any vibration and the chamber extends the whole bottom of the case, so there is enough room to house a 210mm PSU and hold all the cables.
Taking a closer look at the main chamber, you are greeted by the 4 x 120 mm RGB fans that are included, 1 in the rear and 3 placed at the front of the case. Also, at the front of the case, there is room behind the fans and a cut out in the PSU bay that can support up to 360 mm radiator along with the fans. You can also notice the many mounting points for reservoirs and an additional 120mm or 140mm case fan at the top of the case. In front of the 3 x 120mm fans at the front there is a magnetic dust filter.
Above the PSU area, there is room to put 2 ssds. There are nice cut outs to be able to route cables into the PSU chamber. There are also nice cut outs above the PSU areas which allow easy routing of your USB and HD audio cables at the bottom of the ATX motherboard.
Overall, the interior is fairly standard, all the black interior and included LED fans brings a welcoming aesthetic that will go with almost any build.
Test System and Build Impressions
- CPU: Intel 8600K
- Motherboard: EVGA Z370 FTW
- Memory: Gskill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 mhz
- GPU: ASUS ROG HD 5870 2GB
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
- PSU: FSP Hydro PTM 850w
Building in this case was amazing. I had no difficulties at all. With the included screws and accessories and a screwdriver, I was able to put the parts above in to complete the build in no time. I had no trouble first installing an Arctic Freezer 33 Esports One and GPU in the case. Later I installed the Corsair H100i and it still was easily installed inside the case.
- Tempered glass side panels and front panel
- 4 x 120 mm RGB fans included
- Included RGB controller/Fan hub
- Huge cut out upfront to accommodate fans and a radiator
- Accurately placed cut outs to be able to handle all your cable routing needs
- Larger front intake cutouts for improved air flow.
- Better quality bottom dust filters